Copyright and Intellectual Property
This Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy (“Guidelines”) is made to ensure proper legal use of JAVLIN Invest LLC (“JAVLIN Invest”) copyright, trademarks, service marks, logos, and all other proprietary materials (“Intellectual Property Rights”) and to prevent customer confusion that can result in improper or illegal use.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
JAVLIN Invest maintains and operates the website javlininvest.com, our mobile applications, and our other online services and websites (collectively, the “Platform”).
JAVLIN Invest is the sole owner and lawful licensee of all text, graphics, editorial content, data, formatting, graphs, designs, HTML, look and feel, photographs, music, sounds, images, software, videos, designs, typefaces and other content (collectively “Proprietary Material”) available on the Platform. The Proprietary Material is protected in all forms, media and technologies now known or hereinafter developed. JAVLIN Invest is the sole owner of all Proprietary Material, as well as the coordination, selection, arrangement and enhancement of such Proprietary Materials.
The Proprietary Material is protected by the domestic and international laws of copyright, patents, and other proprietary rights and laws. Under the applicable law it is forbidden to copy, download, use, redesign, reconfigure, or retransmit anything from the Platform without JAVLIN Invest’s express prior written authorization.
Use of the Platform does not grant users any right, title, or interest in the Proprietary Materials contained within the Platform.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
JAVLIN Invest is committed to comply with U.S. copyright and related laws, and expects other users to comply with these laws.
Accordingly, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”), JAVLIN Invest will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement on the Platform that are reported to JAVLIN Invest’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the Notice (as described below).
JAVLIN Invest prohibits any use of the Platform that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe their rights have been infringed may report to JAVLIN Invest of alleged infringements. JAVLIN Invest is entitled, at its sole discretion, to expeditiously remove or disable access to infringing materials, suspend or terminate services to infringers.
Copyrights owners, agent thereof, should report alleged infringements by completing a DMCA notice of alleged infringement (“Notice”) and sending it to JAVLIN Invest’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of a satisfactory Notice, JAVLIN Invest will respond immediately to either directly or indirectly (i) remove the allegedly infringing works on the Platform, or (ii) disable access to works.
Please provide the following information to our Designated Copyright Agent:
- Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Platform are covered by this Notice, a representative list of the copyrighted works that are claimed to have been infringed.
- Identify the material or activity claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and provide information reasonably sufficient to locate the material, including, at minimum, if applicable, the URL.
- Include a short explanation of how the content infringes your rights.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as a mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the Notice by providing a physical or electronic signature along with your full legal name.
Counter notice: If you receive the Notice of alleged infringement, and you believe that the works have been removed by mistake, then you may send a counter notice to JAVLIN Invest. JAVLIN Invest will comply with the DMCA procedure and may send any Notices or counter notices to our legal advisors. JAVLIN Invest will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
Any Counter Notice should include the following:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- An identification of the material that JAVLIN Invest has taken down.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. District Court for the federal district in which you reside or the jurisdiction of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York if you reside outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the complaining party or its agent in the event that a lawsuit is filed against you from the complaining party or its agent in the event that a lawsuit is filed against you relating to such content.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
The list of JAVLIN Invest trademark(s), whether registered or being in the process of registration (“JAVLIN Invest Trademarks”), is given below that may be amended from time to time:
For more information on our license, our trademark usage guidelines and our updated list of trademarks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only JAVLIN Invest and our authorized partners and licensees may use JAVLIN Invest Trademarks in the manner provided by the applicable agreement you have with JAVLIN Invest. JAVLIN Invest is the sole owner of JAVLIN Invest Trademarks, and JAVLIN Invest cannot be used to interfere with JAVLIN Invest’s rights in the JAVLIN Invest Trademarks, including challenging JAVLIN Invest’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with any other word or marks, anywhere in the world.
Any unauthorized use of JAVLIN Invest Trademarks constitutes trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
Changes to these Guidelines
JAVLIN Invest may revise this Policy at any time in our sole discretion.
If you have any questions or want to contact our JAVLIN Invest’s Designated Copyright Agent, please email us at:
JAVLIN Invest LLC
* * *